The Group is committed to ensuring shareholders and the financial markets are provided with full, open and timely information about its activities. This is achieved by the following:
- Ensuring that shareholder communications (including the Annual Report and Notice of Annual General Meeting) satisfy relevant regulatory requirements and guidelines. The Group is committed to producing shareholder communications in plain English with full and open disclosure of the Group’s policies and procedures, operations, strategy and performance.
- Ensuring that shareholders have the opportunity to receive external announcements by the Group through the corporate website at www.gwagroup.com.au. All Group announcements and information released to the market (including half and full year results) are located on the website and may be accessed by shareholders. There is a Corporate Governance section on the website which outlines the Group’s governance practices and policies and other information such as the Group’s carbon emissions and energy usage reporting, gender equality reporting, information on workplace health and safety performance and tax transparency reporting.
- As an initiative to assist with the provision of timely information to shareholders and other stakeholders about the strategy and financial performance of the Group, the half and full year results presentations, Annual General Meeting and Investor Market Briefings are webcast via the Group’s website at www.gwagroup.com.au. Shareholders are also able to access historical webcasts on the Group’s website .
- The Board is committed to the use of electronic communications with shareholders to reduce the environmental impact and costs. Shareholders can elect to receive Group communications electronically. Annual Reports are no longer printed and mailed to shareholders, unless specifically requested. Annual Reports are made available to shareholders on the Group’s website at www.gwagroup.com.au in an accessible and user-friendly format including an interactive Annual Report. Shareholders are sent the Notice of Annual General Meeting and Proxy Form, which includes details on accessing the online Annual Report and instructions for casting proxy votes electronically .
- The Group encourages shareholders to attend and participate at the Annual General Meeting to canvass the relevant issues of interest with the Board. An opportunity is given at the Annual General Meeting for shareholders to ask questions on the Group’s financial reports and business strategy, operations and performance. If shareholders are unable to attend the Annual General Meeting personally, they are encouraged to participate through proxy voting. The Group has implemented online proxy voting to make it easier for shareholders to lodge their proxy votes if they are unable to attend the Annual General Meeting. The Group endeavours to set the timing and the location of the Annual General Meeting so that it is convenient for shareholders generally. The voting on proposed resolutions at the Annual General Meeting is conducted by way of a poll to ensure that all shareholders are provided with the opportunity to vote on resolutions.
- The Group has developed an investor relations program to facilitate effective communications with investors. The Group actively engages with institutional and private investors, broking analysts and the financial media on the Group’s operations, performance, governance and prospects, and to provide an opportunity for investors to express their views or concerns about the Group. At all times the Group ensures compliance with the continuous disclosure obligations in the ASX Listing Rules and the Corporations Act 2001.